What Is GrooveMember?
- GrooveMember is the built-in membership platform on THE GrooveFunnels platform to help you sell your courses or membership subscriptions
- You can create multiple membership tiers, each with different content, price points, and logins
- Upload and host your pdf files on GrooveMember
- Embed videos from Youtube, Vimeo or host your video on GrooveVideo
- Currently on the Free Groove Account, you can create 1 membership site for free with up to 100 students!
Benefits of Using A Portal For Your Course
Better search engine ranking than your university’s website.
Based on the typical terms used by students when looking for studying abroad, links to education portals will always appear at the top of Google’s organic search results.
With millions of users each year, online portals overcome the barrier of distance and connect your international programs as well as your institution to students from all over the world.
Create A Course Portal In GrooveMember Like A Teachable School Preview Page – Video Tutorial
Example Of A Course Portal
Let’s say you are a career coach and you have six courses:
- Mastering Your Resume,
- Mastering Your Interview,
- Stand Out and Get Hired,
- LinkedIn Profile Optimization,
- LinkedIn Personal Branding, and
- LinkedIn Video Marketing course.
You can choose to create one portal with courses relating to getting the job one portal, with courses relating to LinkedIn, or one portal to house or six courses.
The best part is that your students can access all these courses with one login using the same email and password.
Managing GrooveMember Portal
- When you log into Groove you can click on Manage Memberships on the dashboard.
- The portals feature is located in Apps on the left panel and Content then Portals.
Creating A Portal
- Click on “Create Portal” on the top right corner.
- Give your portal a name.
- For the subdomain, there is no custom domain integration yet on GrooveMember.
- Then click on “Create Portal”.
Configuring Your Portal
Step 1: Basic Information
- Enter a description regarding your portal.
- Click “save and next”.
Step 2: Membership
- Under Select Membership tab, this is where you can select courses or membership for this particular portal.
- Since this portal is for courses relating to getting the job, I’m going to select “Mastering Your Resume”, “Mastering Your Interview”, and “Stand Out & Get Hired” courses.
- Once you select the courses you want to be added to the portal, you notice a pink border outline and the button text will change from “select” to “unselect”.
- If you change your mind, click on that button again and it will revert to select and the pink border outline will no longer show.
- Under the Display Membership Tab, this is where you can manage how your courses can be displayed.
- The first option is Display all memberships, this is the option you’re most likely going to use in a nutshell when a user is not logged in all the membership or courses you have will be displayed in the portal.
- Under each one of your courses, there will be a “Learn More” button.
- If someone clicks on the learn more button they will be redirected to the sales page.
- When a user is logged into your portal, all the courses that have been purchased will have a green border outline.
- The ones that they haven’t purchased will have a red border outline.
- You can also set it at “Displayed only accessible membership” and “Forced login”.
- You can read these on your own and decide if it’s right for you.
- Once you have decided click “Save & Next”.
Step 3: Sort
- This allows you to rearrange the order of your courses in terms of your value ladder or product ascension process.
- Click on the course, hold it then drag it in the order that you like.
- Once you’re done, click on “Save & Next”.
Step 4: Customization
- Under the Top Navigation Bar, click on Choose Image to upload your logo.
- You can change your login button color, login text color, and navigation background color.
- Click on the drop-down arrow then click on the circle icon.
- Enter in the hex code color that you like.
- Click on the check button.
- Under the Portal Cover Tab, you can have an image on top of your portal.
- If you want to place a cover, select “Yes display my cover image”.
- Head over on the Image(s) Selected, the image size is 1920 by 350 pixels.
- Click on “+ Add Image”, upload or select an image on your library.
- You can add multiple images to turn it into a slider.
- In the Marquee Text, this is the title of the portal.
- You can also add an overlay color and set its opacity, that’s entirely up to you.
- Click on “Save & Next”.
Step 5: Finish
- The URL given is the one that you can share with your students and customers.
- Click on “Save & Exit”.
- Copy the URL given and open a new tab.
- The cover image on top of the portal and your courses.
- When you click on the “Learn More” button, it will open up the sales page and they can then purchase your course.
Featured Image & Description of the Course
- Head back to GrooveMember.
- Click on Content on the left tab and select Memberships.
- Head to the course you want to customize.
- Click on this drop-down arrow and click edit.
- In step 1: Basic Information, this is where you can change the course name and course description.
- The sales page URL is where people will be redirected when they click on the learn more button.
- Click on “Save & Next”.
- Step 2: Design, is where you can change the featured image.
- Head to the instructor tab.
- Under the featured image, click “Choose Image” and select or upload an image.
- Now they haven’t provided a recommended image size here but roughly 520 pixels in width and 283 pixels in height.
- Click on “Save & Next” all the way through.
Retrieve Portal Link
- Head back to Content on the left tab and select Portals.
- Under Actions, click on the drop-down arrow and then click on the login link.
That’s it, guys! Make sure you grab your free sales funnel planning workbook below.
This workbook guides you through the 5 simple steps of creating simple yet seriously effective sales funnels that convert leads into sales!