The world has changed and so must you”
We are living in a world where everything is digital, global, intangible and more meaningful than ever.
If you’re finding it difficult to generate leads and sales for your business online, then it’s time to re-evaluate your digital marketing strategy.
Digital Marketing Strategy For Online Lead Generation & Sales
Some people think they have a “traffic” problem and that it’s the main reason they’re not getting leads and sales – when it’s really their digital marketing and sales funnels strategy.
A digital marketing strategy is like your online roadmap and business plan to meet your company’s goals and objectives.
Within the Digital Strategy For Online Lead Generation & Sales, there are 5 main components that you must have:
1. Who do you want to serve?
The first question you should ask yourself is, WHO do I want to serve?
In corporate speak, who is your target audience and ideal buyer persona?
Most of us start a business never thinking about who we want as clients and customers.
We start with what products or services we want to sell….
It should be the other way around.
Here are the important questions you should be asking yourself:
- Who are my dream clients?
- What do they look like?
- Are they men or women?
- Married or not married?
- Do they have children and how many?
- What age bracket do they fall in?
- Are they consumers or business owners?
- What’s their income range or revenue the business generates?
- What are their interests and hobbies?
- What problems are they trying to solve in their life or business?
Have a clear picture of who you want to serve so that you can attract the right clients to your business.
2. Where do they hang out?
The next question to ask yourself is WHERE can you find this ideal customer or business owner?
- Where do they hang out online?
- Are they on Facebook or Instagram?
- Are they on LinkedIn or Twitter?
- Are they consuming video content on Youtube?
- What “keywords” are they searching for on Google?
- What groups and associations are they part of?
- What blogs or industry websites do they read?
- Are there any thought leaders or industry leaders they follow?
Knowing where your target audience is online helps you invest your time, energy and money wisely and allows you to get targeted traffic.
You don’t have to be on ALL social or search engine platforms but you must start off with the best platforms that give you the most traffic for your target audience.
3. What offer will you use to attract them?
Once you know where your customers are hanging out online, the next step is creating the right offer to attract them.
Here’s what to consider when creating an offer:
- Is the offer something relevant and useful to your target audience?
- Does the offer align with your campaign goals?
- If you’re trying to generate leads, it could be a free trial of your app subscription or a free report or webinar.
- What creatives or media assets will you use with your offer? images, video, whitepapers, ebooks etc
- What copy or content will you use to speak to that audience?
- What call to action do you want to use in your offer?
I generally start with a lead generation campaign to collect contact details and nurture these leads with a followup sequence (email, phone calls, content) for conversion.
By offering value first by providing something that could be of use or value to them will help you establish a relationship.
Once they know, like and trust you – selling becomes frictionless.
4. What result do you want to give them?
Once you’ve hooked your ideal customers with the perfect offer, the next question to ask is what RESULT do you want to give them?
This is NOT about what product or service you want to sell them.
Your business is about what results you can achieve for your clients.
Once you (and your clients) understand that concept, then price is no longer an objection.
Personally, I know that the best way I can serve my ideal client is to have my team build out their digital strategy, their sales funnels and manage their advertising for them by setting up systems to drive consistent leads to the company.
That is how I can have the deepest impact and serve the client at the highest level.
Ideally, it’s where I would like to take all of my clients.
That type of service is not cheap, it’s a done-for-you service but the results delivered at that level is amazing.
So grab a pen and paper out and write out all the steps you would take to help your clients achieve that success.
What type of journey would you take them on and what results will you deliver at each stage of the journey?
Keep that place in your mind, it’s the pinnacle of success for your clients.
5. Conversion Rate Optimisation
Once you’ve run your digital campaign, look at your data analytics and find ways to optimize for conversions.
- What content is your target audience resonating with and engaging with?
- What are the demographics of those people engaging?
- Which traffic platform is giving you the majority of your website traffic?
- Is that traffic converting and helping you hit your company’s goals or KPIs?
- Can you allocate a larger ad budget to that traffic platform to reach more clients and optimize your spend?
- What type of learnings and insights can you develop by combining ads data with your Google analytics, social media analytics, CRM analytics, email marketing?
- Are there potential opportunities for cross-selling, upselling or sponsorship?
Having a digital marketing strategy with relevant KPIs in place will help you run more effective campaigns.
By doing so, you will IMPACT more people with your company’s epicness.