This is a list of the digital marketing tools and resources I use to run my online business.
I only recommend tools and resources that I have personally tested and used.
Bookmark this page for updates on new tools.
- I rely on Gmail, Google Docs and Google Sheets, so Google Workspace is an essential part of running my business.
- I’ve been using it since 2009 and can’t imagine working without it.
- Activate your 20% discount HERE and use this promo code: 63HDAPK7GGKHM9H
- Confluence is a project management tool that lets you store your vision and brain storm projects.
- I use Confluence in conjunction with Trello and have my to-dos on Trello.
- 🎤 Microphone for Youtube Videos: I use this Audio Technica microphone.
- 📹 Webcam for Youtube Videos: I use this Logitech c930 webcam.
- This software uses artificial intelligence to generate winning marketing copy…on demand…in under 30 seconds.
- It can write Facebook ads and posts, marketing emails (this one was 90% written by AI), copywriting frameworks, video scripts, articles, tweets, and more!
- Click here to get a 5 day Free Trial
- If you run an online business, Google Analytics is essential in keeping track of your website’s performance.
- Google Analytics lets you check your traffic statics and how people are engaging with your website content.
- Google Search Console provides you with the tools and insights to help you improve your presence (SEO) in Google’s search results.
- You can submit your website’s sitemap, uncover keyword queries and diagnose website errors.
- Google Tag Manager is a a free tool that allows you to manage and deploy your marketing tags in one place – without having to modify your website’s code.
- Some of the tags I use within Google Tag Manager are:
- Google Analytics universal tracking code
- Facebook Ad pixel
- Google Ads Conversion tracking code
- Heatmap tracking and more!
- Namecheap offers cheap domain name registration with free WhoisGuard privacy protection.
- I only buy domain names at Namecheap not their hosting plans (for hosting I use Siteground).
- Porkbun offers domain registration at low prices with free SSL and WhoisGuard privacy.
- Porkbun has become my favorite place to purchase domains quickly and cheaply.
- I previously recommended
Sitegroundhowever their performance has been really poor lately and the price has increased significantly over the years.
- I’m NOW using Cloudways and it is the BEST. Shared hosting providers like Bluehost, Hostgator or Siteground will take forever for your website to load!
- My website now loads SUPER FAST and I’m getting a 99% score on GTMetrix. Use AIMEE Promo Code to get 20% OFF Discount, Claim Here!
Landing Page & Sales Funnel Builder
- When creating landing pages and sales funnels, I use GroovePages which part of the Groove suite of apps.
- Get GrooveFunnels for Free here.
- I use Interact to build lead generating quizzes and surveys.
- Get Interact for Free here
Selling Digital Products
- GrooveSell is a free shopping cart and affiliate program platform that allows you to sell:
- Digital products
- Online courses and
- Membership subscriptions
- Online or digital services.
- It is a shopping cart that has more features than ThriveCart, SamCart, Clickbank, JVzoo and PayKickStart with ZERO monthly and transaction fees.
- Your FREE GrooveSell account also comes with a FREE GroovePages account.
- I wrote a review of GrooveSell here.
- GrooveKart is E-Commerce on steroids.
- The system is built for ex-Shopify users, Print-on-Demand and Drop-Shipping websites.
- GrooveKart is more affordable and has more features than Shopify’s premium plans.
- Instead of paying hundreds of dollars in 3rd party apps, GrooveKarts’s has built-in native apps for free.
- Get 50% discount off GrooveKart HERE.
- I personally use ActiveCampaign as an email marketing service provider and CRM.
- Get a FREE 14-Day ActiveCampaign trial here.
- Currently in BETA but will be my main email marketing service for list building and marketing automations
- Create your FREE account upload up to 500 contacts here
- I have used many WordPress themes throughout the years but I like GeneratePress for its simplicity and speed.
- GeneratePress is a free light-weight WordPress theme that loads amazingly fast.
- The premium version of the theme has extra customizations features and is optimize for SEO.
- Get GeneratePress here.
I try to use the least amount of WordPress plugins to reduce slow website loading time.
- Rank Math handles everything related to on-page SEO like title tags, meta information, sitemaps, redirections, and schema rich snippets.
- You can track your keyword rankings when you link your Google Search Console.
- Best of all, it’s FREE!
- Download Rank Math SEO Plugin here.
Niche & Keyword Research
- Google trends is a great tool for finding trending topics and hot niches.
- It will show you whether a keyword (or product) is trending or seasonal.
- Use Google Trends to determine the viability of a niche over the long term (it goes back to 2004 -present)
- I use TubeBuddy to identify keywords and to optimize my videos on Youtube
- There are bulk tools for annotations, cards, thumbnails and updating descriptions
- I use SEMRush for keyword research, SEO research, competitive analysis and content marketing.
- They have so many tools like site audit, backlink analysis, content research, rank tracking and more.
- You can set up projects, receive notifications and create reports for clients.
- Claim your SEMRush 7-day FREE trial here.
- Keywords Everywhere is a Firefox and Chrome extension that gives you the monthly volumes for any searched keyword.
- Just pop a keyword into Google or Youtube search box and you’ll see the monthly search volume, CPC and competition.
- It does not provide in-depth analysis like SEMRush but I use it for long tail keyword research.
- Answer the Public provides keywords in relation to the questions people are asking in Google.
- People tend to ‘ask Google’ questions that they will not normally ask their friends and family.
- Enter a generic keyword like ‘social media’ into the search box and you will uncover a bunch of keywords in the form of questions.
- Canva is awesome. It’s a FREE online graphic design tool that creates amazing graphics in minutes.
- In just a few clicks, you can create banners, social media images, reports, logos with their pre-made templates.
- Get a FREE Canva account here.
- Creative Market is THE place to buy beautiful stock photos, icons, social media images, logos and pre-designed templates – at affordable prices.
- The quality is so high that even professional graphic designers use Creative Market for their design work.
- Check out Creative Market here.
- SEMRush has FREE online courses on digital marketing that beat most paid courses.
- There are SEO, Link building, technical SEO, content marketing and PPC courses – All free.
- Register for your FREE SEMRush courses HERE.