This is a list of the digital marketing tools and resources I use to run my online business.
I only recommend tools and resources that I have personally tested and used.
Bookmark this page for updates on new tools.
- I rely on Gmail, Google Docs and Google Sheets, so G Suite is an essential part of running my business.
- I’ve been using it since 2009 and can’t imagine working without it.
- Activate your 20% discount HERE and use this promo code: 63HDAPK7GGKHM9H
- Confluence is a project management tool that lets you store all of your projects, to-dos and ideas in one place.
- I’ve used Trello, Asana and Monday but find Confluence more efficient in managing teams.
- You can create templates for repetitive tasks, sub-tasks, add comments and collaborate on projects.
- If you run an online business, Google Analytics is essential in keeping track of your website’s performance.
- Google Analytics lets me check my organic and paid traffic, and to see how people are engaging with my content.
- Google Search Console provides you with the tools and insights to help you improve your presence (SEO) in Google’s search results.
- You can submit your website’s sitemap, uncover keyword queries and diagnose website errors.
- Google Tag Manager is a a free tool that allows you to manage and deploy your marketing tags in one place – without having to modify your website’s code.
- Some of the tags I use within Google Tag Manager are:
- Google Analytics universal tracking code
- Facebook Ad pixel
- Google Ads Conversion tracking code
- Heatmap tracking like Hotjar
- LinkedIn Ads insight tag
- Event tracking
- and more!
- Namecheap offers cheap domain name registration with free WhoisGuard privacy protection.
- I only buy domain names at Namecheap not their hosting plans (for hosting I use Siteground).
- Porkbun offers domain registration at low prices with free SSL and WhoisGuard privacy.
- Porkbun has become my favorite place to purchase domains quickly and cheaply.
- I use Siteground for it’s 100% uptime, fast website loading speeds and excellent customer service.
- It beats Bluehost and Hostgator hands down when it comes to FAST loading websites.
- For SEO and server reliability, use Siteground hosting – Activate your 67% discount HERE.
Landing Page & Funnel Builder
- When creating landing pages and sales funnels, I use GroovePages (part of GrooveFunnels suite of apps).
- I have used ClickFunnels but GrooveFunnel’s lifetime offer and future app development was too hard to resist. Read my super in-depth review of GroovePages here.
- With GrooveFunnels you can create:
- Lead magnets
- Landing pages
- Webinar funnels
- Digital products and courses
- Your own affiliate program
- Email marketing campaigns
- Host videos
- and much more.
- You can watch the GroovePages webinar replay here to see all the features.
- From now until July 2020, there is a special LIFETIME GroovePages deal for just $497.
- The LIFETIME GroovePages deal comes with unlimited pages is only available for a few weeks through this Secret Backdoor Link.
Selling Digital Products
- GrooveSell is a free shopping cart and affiliate program platform that allows you to sell:
- Digital products
- Online courses and
- Membership subscriptions
- Online or digital services.
- It is a shopping cart that has more features than ThriveCart, SamCart, Clickbank, JVzoo and PayKickStart
- For the time being, due to COVID 19, you can get a FREE GrooveSell account with ZERO monthly fee and ZERO transaction fees.
- Whilst you can sell one-off physical products with GrooveSell – it’s designed to help you take payments for digital products, subscriptions, services and build an affiliate army.
- The FREE GrooveSell account also comes with a FREE GroovePages account.
- I wrote a review of GrooveSell here.
- GrooveKart is E-Commerce on steroids.
- The system is built for ex-Shopify users, Print-on-Demand and Drop-Shipping websites.
- GrooveKart is more affordable and has more features than Shopify’s premium plans.
- Here are just some of the features in GrooveKart:
- Import existing Shopify stores
- Customize your shop’s design with drag and drop page builder
- Built in shipping app
- Tracking pixels
- 1- click Upsells
- Simulated coupon finder like Honey app
- Simulated wheel prize
- Built in live chat
- Social proof pop-up of who just bought what
- Stock unit countdown
- Countdown timers for promotions
- Show who is watching your products live
- Order bumps
- Show related products
- Connect with Aliexpress
- Zapier integration
- Powerful reporting
- Analytics intelligence
- Customer look up
- Built in support desk
- Unlimited staff accounts
- Instead of paying hundreds of dollars in 3rd party apps, you get it for FREE with GrooveKarts’s built-in native apps.
- Get 50% discount off GrooveKart HERE.
- Email is a MUST when it comes to running your online business and keeping prospects and customers engaged.
- Over the years, I have used Aweber and MailChimp, but ActiveCampaign has robust features for a reasonable price.
- You get three tools on 1 platform – email marketing, marketing automation and a CRM.
- Get a FREE 14-Day ActiveCampaign trial here.
- I have used many WordPress themes throughout the years but I like GeneratePress for its simplicity and speed.
- GeneratePress is a free light-weight WordPress theme that loads amazingly fast.
- The premium version of the theme has extra customizations features and is optimize for SEO.
- Get GeneratePress here.
I try to use the least amount of WordPress plugins to reduce slow website loading time.
Here are some of the plugins I’m currently using:
- The premium version of GeneratePress theme comes in the form of a plugin.
- Within that plugin, there are ‘modules’ that allow you to customize your website’s backgrounds, menu navigation, color, typography, blog and more.
- Download GeneratePress Premium plugin here.
- Rank Math handles everything related to on-page SEO like title tags, meta information, sitemaps, redirections, and schema rich snippets.
- You can track your keyword rankings when you link your Google Search Console.
- Best of all, it’s FREE!
- Download Rank Math SEO Plugin here.
- Easy table of contents plugin automatically generates a table of content for your posts and pages.
- It allows readers to jump to specific sections of long articles.
- It helps with SEO by appearing as feature snippets in Google search results.
- Download Easy Table of Contents Plugin here.
- This plugin is for Siteground customers and is designed to improve your Website’s performance.
- I’ve improved my GTmetrix website speed and performance from a D to A grade with this plugin.
- This plugin WILL NOT WORK if you’re with another hosting provider.
Niche & Keyword Research
- Google trends is a great tool for finding trending topics and hot niches.
- It will show you whether a keyword (or product) is trending or seasonal.
- Use Google Trends to determine the viability of a niche over the long term (it goes back to 2004 -present)
- I use SEMRush for keyword research, SEO research, competitive analysis and content marketing.
- They have so many tools like site audit, backlink analysis, content research, rank tracking and more.
- You can set up projects, receive notifications and create reports for clients.
- Claim your SEMRush 7-day FREE trial here.
- Keywords Everywhere is a Firefox and Chrome extension that gives you the monthly volumes for any searched keyword.
- Just pop a keyword into Google or Youtube search box and you’ll see the monthly search volume, CPC and competition.
- It does not provide in-depth analysis like SEMRush but I use it for long tail keyword research.
- Answer the Public provides keywords in relation to the questions people are asking in Google.
- People tend to ‘ask Google’ questions that they will not normally ask their friends and family.
- Enter a generic keyword like ‘social media’ into the search box and you will uncover a bunch of keywords in the form of questions.
- Canva is awesome. It’s a FREE online graphic design tool that creates amazing graphics in minutes.
- In just a few clicks, you can create banners, social media images, reports, logos with their pre-made templates.
- Get a FREE Canva account here.
- Creative Market is THE place to buy beautiful stock photos, icons, social media images, logos and pre-designed templates – at affordable prices.
- The quality is so high that even professional graphic designers use Creative Market for their design work.
- Check out Creative Market here.
- SEMRush has FREE online courses on digital marketing that beat most paid courses.
- There are SEO, Link building, technical SEO, content marketing and PPC courses – All free.
- Register for your FREE SEMRush courses HERE.