This is a list of the digital marketing tools and resources I use to run my online business.
I only recommend tools and resources that I have personally tested and used.
Bookmark this page for updates on new tools.
- I rely on Gmail, Google Docs and Google Sheets, so G Suite is an essential part of running my business.
- I’ve been using it since 2009 and can’t imagine working without it.
- Activate your 20% discount HERE and use this promo code: 63HDAPK7GGKHM9H
- Confluence is a project management tool that lets you store all of your projects, to-dos and ideas in one place.
- I’ve used Trello, Asana and Monday but find Confluence more efficient in managing teams.
- You can create templates for repetitive tasks, sub-tasks, add comments and collaborate on projects.
- If you run an online business, Google Analytics is essential in keeping track of your website’s performance.
- Google Analytics lets me check my organic and paid traffic, and to see how people are engaging with my content.
- Google Search Console provides you with the tools and insights to help you improve your presence (SEO) in Google’s search results.
- You can submit your website’s sitemap, uncover keyword queries and diagnose website errors.
- Google Tag Manager is a a free tool that allows you to manage and deploy your marketing tags in one place – without having to modify your website’s code.
- Some of the tags I use within Google Tag Manager are:
- Google Analytics universal tracking code
- Facebook Ad pixel
- Google Ads Conversion tracking code
- Heatmap tracking like Hotjar
- LinkedIn Ads insight tag
- Event tracking
- and more!
- Namecheap offers cheap domain name registration with free WhoisGuard privacy protection.
- I only buy domain names at Namecheap not their hosting plans (for hosting I use Siteground).
- Porkbun offers domain registration at low prices with free SSL and WhoisGuard privacy.
- Porkbun has become my favorite place to purchase domains quickly and cheaply.
- I use Siteground for it’s 100% uptime, fast website loading speeds and excellent customer service.
- It beats Bluehost and Hostgator hands down when it comes to FAST loading websites.
- For SEO and server reliability, use Siteground hosting – Activate your 67% discount HERE.
Landing Page & Funnel Builder
- When creating landing pages and sales funnels, I use GrooveFunnels (also known as GroovePages).
- I have used ClickFunnels but GrooveFunnel’s life time offer and future app development was too good to refuse.
- With GrooveFunnels you can create:
- Lead magnets
- Landing pages
- Webinar funnels
- Digital products and courses
- Your own affiliate program
- Email marketing campaigns
- Host videos
- and much more.
- You can watch the GroovePages webinar replay here to see all the features.
- From now until July 2020, there is a special LIFETIME GroovePages deal for just $497.
- The LIFETIME GroovePages deal comes with unlimited pages is only available for a few weeks through this Secret Backdoor Link.
- If you purchased the GroovePages LIFETIME Access offer through my referral link, please email me with proof of your upgrade purchase and you will get access to my bonuses.
Selling Digital Products
- GrooveSell is a free shopping cart and affiliate program platform that allows you to sell:
- Digital products
- Online courses and
- Membership subscriptions
- Online or digital services.
- It is a shopping cart that has more features than ThriveCart, SamCart, Clickbank, JVzoo and PayKickStart
- For the time being, due to COVID 19, you can get a FREE GrooveSell account with ZERO monthly fee and ZERO transaction fees.
- One of the awesome features of GrooveSell is that you can create an affiliate program for your digital products.
- Whilst you can sell one-off physical products with GrooveSell – it’s designed to help you take payments for digital products, subscriptions, services and build an affiliate army.
- The FREE GrooveSell account also comes with a FREE GroovePages account.
- Claim your FREE GrooveSell account here.
- GrooveKart is E-Commerce on steroids.
- The system is built for ex-Shopify users, Print-on-Demand and Drop-Shipping websites.
- GrooveKart is more affordable and has more features than Shopify’s premium plans.
- Here are just some of the features in GrooveKart:
- Import existing Shopify stores
- Customize your shop’s design with drag and drop page builder
- Built in shipping app
- Tracking pixels
- 1- click Upsells
- Simulated coupon finder like Honey app
- Simulated wheel prize
- Built in live chat
- Social proof pop-up of who just bought what
- Stock unit countdown
- Countdown timers for promotions
- Show who is watching your products live
- Order bumps
- Show related products
- Connect with Aliexpress
- Zapier integration
- Powerful reporting
- Analytics intelligence
- Customer look up
- Built in support desk
- Unlimited staff accounts
- Instead of paying hundreds of dollars in 3rd party apps, you get it for FREE with GrooveKarts’s built-in native apps.
- Get 50% discount off GrooveKart HERE.
- Email is a MUST when it comes to running your online business and keeping prospects and customers engaged.
- Over the years, I have used Aweber and MailChimp, but ActiveCampaign has robust features for a reasonable price.
- You get three tools on 1 platform – email marketing, marketing automation and a CRM.
- Get a FREE 14-Day ActiveCampaign trial here.
- I have used many WordPress themes throughout the years but I like GeneratePress for its simplicity and speed.
- GeneratePress is a free light-weight WordPress theme that loads amazingly fast.
- The premium version of the theme has extra customizations features and is optimize for SEO.
- Get GeneratePress here.
I try to use the least amount of WordPress plugins to reduce slow website loading time.
Here are some of the plugins I’m currently using:
- The premium version of GeneratePress theme comes in the form of a plugin.
- Within that plugin, there are ‘modules’ that allow you to customize your website’s backgrounds, menu navigation, color, typography, blog and more.
- Download GeneratePress Premium plugin here.
- Rank Math handles everything related to on-page SEO like title tags, meta information, sitemaps, redirections, and schema rich snippets.
- You can track your keyword rankings when you link your Google Search Console.
- Best of all, it’s FREE!
- Download Rank Math SEO Plugin here.
- Easy table of contents plugin automatically generates a table of content for your posts and pages.
- It allows readers to jump to specific sections of long articles.
- It helps with SEO by appearing as feature snippets in Google search results.
- Download Easy Table of Contents Plugin here.
- This plugin is for Siteground customers and is designed to improve your Website’s performance.
- I’ve improved my GTmetrix website speed and performance from a D to A grade with this plugin.
- This plugin WILL NOT WORK if you’re with another hosting provider.
Niche & Keyword Research
- Google trends is a great tool for finding trending topics and hot niches.
- It will show you whether a keyword (or product) is trending or seasonal.
- Use Google Trends to determine the viability of a niche over the long term (it goes back to 2004 -present)
- I use SEMRush for keyword research, SEO research, competitive analysis and content marketing.
- They have so many tools like site audit, backlink analysis, content research, rank tracking and more.
- You can set up projects, receive notifications and create reports for clients.
- Claim your SEMRush 7-day FREE trial here.
- Keywords Everywhere is a Firefox and Chrome extension that gives you the monthly volumes for any searched keyword.
- Just pop a keyword into Google or Youtube search box and you’ll see the monthly search volume, CPC and competition.
- It does not provide in-depth analysis like SEMRush but I use it for long tail keyword research.
- Answer the Public provides keywords in relation to the questions people are asking in Google.
- People tend to ‘ask Google’ questions that they will not normally ask their friends and family.
- Enter a generic keyword like ‘social media’ into the search box and you will uncover a bunch of keywords in the form of questions.
- Canva is awesome. It’s a FREE online graphic design tool that creates amazing graphics in minutes.
- In just a few clicks, you can create banners, social media images, reports, logos with their pre-made templates.
- Get a FREE Canva account here.
- Creative Market is THE place to buy beautiful stock photos, icons, social media images, logos and pre-designed templates – at affordable prices.
- The quality is so high that even professional graphic designers use Creative Market for their design work.
- Check out Creative Market here.
- SEMRush has FREE online courses on digital marketing that beat most paid courses.
- There are SEO, Link building, technical SEO, content marketing and PPC courses – All free.
- Register for your FREE SEMRush courses HERE.